Friday 11 June 2021

Putting it all together - Part 9

I've basically created a flat pack for myself and so it should be pretty easy putting everything back together again.  I had been fitting the black T-Moulding to all the pieces as I went and found the groves I'd cut to be slightly wider than expected despite using the correct router bit as per the manufactures instructions.  It's not an issue as I packed the slots with card and added glue where needed.

The only thing I hadn't considered at this point was how to secure the control panel and in hindsight I should have addressed this earlier as access becomes more difficult as the case construction continues however I knew I was going to have a gap between the bezel perspex and the control panel and still needed a solution to this before finalising any solution.

I used my 3-D printed monitor mounts to secure the upper and lower screens allowing me plenty of adjustment and enabling me to eventually align the screens with the bezel perspex.

Finally it's starting to look like an arcade machine.  I had built a basic Rertopie image and copied a small selection of ROMs onto the SD card to test functionality and everything was running great on both screens.

I had sprayed the amp board panel black and fitted a momentary switch for the Pi safe shutdown script I planned to eventually install.


I also added a mains socket and switch.  I am going to need at least 5 plug sockets inside the cabinet for the 2 screens, the amplifier, the Pi and power for the panel buttons which are illuminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any comments or questions please leave them below